Thursday, October 30, 2008

Snow, Pics, and Tests

Been busy working and sleeping, but I was able to play with my camera for a bit. Discovered how reliable and easy using the "Best Shots" selection is. My camera has presets for almost any photo situation, and it does really improve the shots.

Also, Tuesday night we had the first Snow Fall of the year! Yay! I always like the snow, and even if it wasn't a lot it was still nice. Too bad it's going to warm up again and send it all away. There should be more though - this is Canada.

I've also been testing some media posting options. I would like to post more pictures and maybe (gasp!) video, but I want it to be easy in the posting and quality in what's posted. And we all know how "good" YouTube quality is. Anyway, here's what I hope is a Flickr slideshow. We'll see how this posts.



Back again later...

...and that worked great! Way to go Flickr. Of course, it does use flash, so if you're not into that, you can go here to see the pics.

Here is one pic that I really liked. I took a shot down my street and set it to Black & White and went with the night scene best shot setting. Had to hold the camera really still as the shutter stayed open way longer, but it came out nice. Then I tweaked it a bit in iPhoto to bring the clouds out more. Worked well. Who knows, I may just figure out how to take a decent picture yet.
CIMG0731_2.jpg

Comments on "Snow, Pics, and Tests"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (October 31, 2008 5:31 PM) : 

I may have missed this in an earlier post, but what kind of camera do you have? I am trying to decide on a new one, but I don't have a clue about the digital market. Nice dusting of snow to signal the onset of winter. Pappy

 

Blogger Swinebread said ... (November 01, 2008 12:58 AM) : 

Your pictures are a lot better than mine that's for sure!

keep up the good work.

I can't imagine snow on Halloween


but I cant imagine lots of rain

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (November 01, 2008 5:09 AM) : 

Pappy - I have a Casio Exilim EX-Z77. It's a 7.2 Megapixel, so it's not the best on the market, but it takes nice shots. For me, it was important to have something slim and compact (fit in a shirt pocket), good presets, and capable of recording MP4 video as well, which is why I went with this Casio one. It's got good options in a small package. It's already about a year old, so I'm sure there's even better ones out there now. Good luck with your camera shopping!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (November 01, 2008 5:12 AM) : 

Swinebread - thanks! And I wish the snow had stayed, but it warmed up a bit for Halloween night, so the kids got lucky :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 02, 2008 12:56 AM) : 

Some great photos you took there, Eaglewing!

Love those clouds!!!

Black and white still makes for a nice picture.

Show us more....tell us more....
We love your pictures and your stories!

Thanks for sharing -
bookworm

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 03, 2008 2:41 PM) : 

Very cool picture selection. The night shot turned out well.

Does your camera have a screw spot for a tripod mount? If so, you're welcome to borrow my tripod if you want to go out sometime and take some really steady photos. You might find that your camera does even better than you expect.

I liked the shot of the trees out the window. I'm curious how it would look if you went outside and avoided the window frames in the shot. The way the snow was sitting on the tree branches, it looked like a calendar style picture.

Glad to see you've been bitten by the photography bug! :-)

originallru

 

post a comment