Monday, July 21, 2008

Goodnight & Good Luck - On Hiatus

Well, not posting in a week hasn't happened in a while, but it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon either. Another bad week and I've come to the realization that I'll have to temporarily go on hiatus here for a little while at the Roost. Between the night job beating the daylights out of me and turning into an uninspired insomniac the rest of the time, it's time to circle the wagons and sort some things out. There's a slight chance at a shift change at work which would help me out, but I'm not holding my breath. With a little luck though, I'll straighten the wheels out and maybe get back on the blogging highway in the fall, after taking a few weeks or a month away here to focus on life's realities that need attention. It's rather lousy timing with the new iMac and a bunch of ideas bouncing 'round my head (I might even post the odd thing up on a weekend if I feel inspired) but I just really don't have the wherewithal to write much at the moment.

So a big THANK YOU to one and all who have taken the time to come here to read and comment on my ramblings. It was much appreciated. I hope to get back to it down the line, but if I don't, it was a lot of fun and I enjoyed meeting all you fellow writers and ramblers out there in the blog 'verse and I hope to continue to drop in and read up on your worlds.

Take care out there.

Vaya con Dios
Eaglewing.

Comments on "Goodnight & Good Luck - On Hiatus"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (July 21, 2008 9:27 AM) : 

Hey, put them together in your time away and we'll be here to read them when you get back. Don't forget to drop by for a visit even if you are not posting. Pappy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (July 21, 2008 2:52 PM) : 

Sometimes a vacation is needed, even for something as fun as blogging. When you return, I'll still be here. :-)

originallru

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (July 24, 2008 11:26 AM) : 

Be here when you get back. Work hard, rest well, see you later.

 

Blogger will said ... (July 26, 2008 2:32 PM) : 

Man, I feel the same way - too much stuff, too many issues and not enough time. Blogging is fine but so is finding calm.

 

Blogger Swinebread said ... (August 03, 2008 11:47 AM) : 

do what you need to do, but I hope you find the time and sanity to come back at some point.

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (August 28, 2008 8:10 AM) : 

Are you writing or just being lazy? If you are writing that's O.K., but we can't permit you to just be lazy. I'll keep checking by. Pappy

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (August 29, 2008 5:38 AM) : 

Hey Pappy, thanks for the note. Life's still kicking me arse, but it's getting better. Jury's still out, but I might return. Maybe :) Now to sleep and back to work!
Take Care!

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (September 21, 2008 7:45 AM) : 

I think if you could just drop the work thing you could concentrate on the really important things in life like blogging. hee hee Pappy

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (September 23, 2008 5:54 AM) : 

right on there Pappy. The work thing is really a drag...but those bills don't pay themselves. I still hope to make a comeback here though, but I'm not quite sure how yet...

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (September 24, 2008 7:41 AM) : 

Got your comments. Good hearing from you. Pappy

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (October 05, 2008 7:45 AM) : 

Still waiting buddy. Hope all is well with you this Sunday morning. I guess things are cooling off up in the north country. Don't work yourself down. Pappy

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 06, 2008 7:08 AM) : 

Thanks for the comments. I think I may try to get back onto this blogging band wagon :)

 

post a comment