Monday, October 06, 2008

Coming Around

Well, a couple months have passed and I'm thinking of getting back into this blogging thing. Hear it's quite popular with the folk on the internets and all...

Seriously though, while it's been kind of nice not thinking up new posts, I've also been missing it. True, my creative palette is still a blank these days, I think I need to get back in the game. I think I'll start back in slow - if I manage to get one or two posts up a week, I'll be doing good. I hope to get my hands on an iPod Touch, which will make composing posts on the go quite a bit easier. That way I could compose a post on my lunch break and just post it up when I get home instead of trying to type stuff up at 4 in the morning when I should be sleeping.

And yes, work is still dragging me down. However, I have put in the first six months and probably the worst of it. A slight shift change in September has helped a little bit, but I've come to realize it isn't really going to get any better anytime soon as I had hoped, so I have to make the best of a bad situation for the next year or so. Since this is as good as it gets for now, I have to try to find some enjoyment in life here somehow and roll with it.

However, a week or two ago, the work misery did give me an idea and I wrote a story for the first time in months. I've had an idea pop up and have it rolling around in my head these days. If I can crystallize the whole of it, I may be able to put together a new ongoing series. We'll see.

Anyway, thanks to those who have popped by from time to time to check the Roost out here in the last couple months, and hopefully I'll get back into a groove here and maybe even try a few new things out...

Comments on "Coming Around"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (October 07, 2008 6:47 AM) : 

Thee cheers for Eaglewing. Good to see a new post on the old blog. I'll look forward to that "Take this job and shove it." story. Pappy

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (October 07, 2008 6:50 PM) : 

Hey! Good to have you back!

I've been doing that composing-now-so-I-can-post-it-later thing with a book that I'll be reviewing later this month. Takes some of the pressure off.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 09, 2008 5:44 AM) : 

Texican: Thanks for the cheers and the encouragement.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 09, 2008 5:45 AM) : 

Keanan: Thanks! That's a good strategy for posting. I should try that. Inspiration now, posts later :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 11, 2008 12:19 PM) : 

Welcome back! I think a post-a-week is a good strategy... let's you keep the fun without the pressure. :-)

I'm looking forward to your new story idea as well!

originallru

 

post a comment