Saturday, October 25, 2008

Best Movie of '08 = Rambo?

Holy cow, you know what I just realized? Its the end of October of 2008 and I have only seen one movie that came out this year. That movie was Rambo which came out in January, and I didn't see it at the theatre either. I read something on a website (Row Three) about voting for best movie of 2008 and I tried to think of what I would vote for and realized there could only be one, as thats all I've seen. I knew the job this year was going to obliterate a lot of the things I like to do, but this is just weird. And it isn't like more than a few of the ones I wanted to see aren't out on DVD cause they are. I just haven't gotten out to rent them. Hmm, I'm going to have quite a list to catch up on if I ever get around to it. Gotta get on that.

Btw, off the top of my head, here's a list of what I want to see that's still coming before the end of the year:

Passchendaele (in theatres)
Appaloosa (in theatres)
Max Payne (in theatres)
Australia (November)
The Wrestler (December)
Gran Torino (December)
Punisher: War Zone (December)
The Spirit (December)
The Brothers Bloom (December)

Place your bets whether I'll get out to a theatre to see any of these...

Comments on "Best Movie of '08 = Rambo?"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (October 25, 2008 10:45 AM) : 

Hi,
I was out of town for a week. Glad you dropped by. Nice to see you posting again. Pappy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 27, 2008 2:45 PM) : 

Most of the movies I've seen this year have been non-theatre. I'm sure I've missed most of the good theatre releases this year as well.

I also don't keep track of the releases like you do, so if I miss it, I generally forget all about it. :-)

originallru

 

post a comment