Saturday, June 07, 2008

Dreaming of the Weekend

Another miserable week over with.  No sleep for most of it, thanks to the monkeys running my building, so I took Saturday to crash out.  Nice day of absolutely nothing.  Did craft a nice nasty letter to the management office that I'll be dropping off though.  Nothing ever comes from writing a letter, but at least they'll know I'm not impressed, and sometimes that's all that matters.  You can't do a lot about a lot these days, but sometimes you gotta rattle the cage.

Anyway, slept hard last night, and had crazy dreams.  It was like a stream of consciousness moving from one thing to the next and cramming in all kinds of people I know too.  And in the dream it all made sense, but when I woke up and still remembered bits of it, it was quite a trip.  Too bad I can't video record my dreams - that would be awesome.  Come on tech people - we can find ice on Mars, but we can't video record dreams yet?  And where's my flying car?

At least most of the worst should be behind me now, just the regular time killing of the job for the next year until I can move up.  On the upside, I'm getting good use out of my PSP at work on my breaks.  I managed to watch the whole Rambo 4 movie over the week, and that is a good movie to watch at work.  Quite cathartic when the world is ticking you off.  Just kidding.  Some reviews panned it online, but I really liked Rambo 4.  Beyond the just insanely bloody last half, it's interesting to see Stallone try to tell a story here, point out some real world suffering, and aim for something more than just another action flick.  Watching some of his comments on an Amazon video, he really was trying for something more.  I think a lot of people missed it just looking for a Rambo experience, but it's there.

Anyway, back to listening / watching podcasts tonight and just chillin'...


Blogged with the Flock Browser

Comments on "Dreaming of the Weekend"

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (June 08, 2008 1:30 AM) : 

All week and today, my sleep has dreamless (that misnomer that just means I don't remember a thing). This switch from working afternoons and evenings to starting work in the morning has been wreaking havoc with my internal clock. I've slept away most of Saturday: awake a couple hours, asleep a couple hours, repeat.

I know what you mean about bazonko dreams. I've had some that made me feel like I'd stepped into a Dali painting, others that scared the tar out of me, and some that were so comic that I actually woke up laughing. I keep paper and pen by the bed, so the more vivid dreams were scribbled down as soon as I woke. Good story fodder.

 

Blogger Lavinia said ... (June 10, 2008 5:29 PM) : 

What is going on in your building? Noisy neighbours? I'm familiar with that scenario (unfortunately).
May I recommend ear plugs, or a fan to offer white noise.

 

post a comment