Thursday, May 22, 2008

No Cable, No Sleep, No Luck

Not very happy, happy today.  Got out of work at 3 in the morning, went and got some groceries, got home at 4, got to bed at 5, tossed and turned and got to sleep at 6, and got woken up by an overzealous garbage truck driver outside my windows at 8, and then woken up again at 9, 10, 11, 12, and 1.  How they managed to synchronize their noise to be on the hour, every hour, is beyond me.

And on top of it, I hate my cable provider, but I do love the internet.  Last night before going to bed I flipped on the TV and found a show on that I got into.  It was Without A Trace, and I guess it was the season finale from their first season.  I haven't watched much of the show, but it's pretty good.  Anyway, this show had a hostage situation going, and tense drama, and then with 15 minutes to go, poof - out went all my channels except for about half a dozen.  What the?!  So I hit the 'net, and I could have downloaded the show from a torrent, but the only way I could find the first season was getting the whole thing at once and I wasn't about to download 8 gigs to see 15 minutes.  So I surfed a bit more and found a transcript of the show and was able to read the conclusion.  Nice - thank you internet.  I may check out more of the show too on DVD, or maybe even that massive torrent, as it's pretty good.

Must prepare to go back to work now.  Hopefully I'll come up with more interesting posts and get around to my favorite blogs soon too and catch up.  After some sleep, of course...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Comments on "No Cable, No Sleep, No Luck"

 

Blogger Lavinia said ... (May 23, 2008 1:01 AM) : 

Ha, the garbage truck sometimes wakes me up too. I wish they'd decide on one time for pick up and stick with it.

Anyway, I do hope you get some good solid sleep..you need it, after the night you had...

So here I am sending *good sleep wishes* your way...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 23, 2008 1:24 AM) : 

Maybe it's time to invest in some earplugs! :-)

(This has been your unhelpful comment of the day.)

originallru

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (May 25, 2008 12:51 PM) : 

Didja finally get that rest you wanted?

One would think a vacation is for resting. Not so. In my case, the vacation has been dictated by the schedules of others in the family, and now that I'm home, I can SLEEP.

Today and tomorrow (Memorial Day) are my "rest buffers" before heading back to work Tuesday, which will begin around 6 a.m. and should end at 7:00 p.m. Not looking forward to the 6 a.m. part, but 7 p.m.? Bring it on!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 26, 2008 12:49 AM) : 

lavinia: thanks for the good sleep wishes. That must have been what worked on Friday aft :)

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 26, 2008 12:49 AM) : 

original lru: already way ahead of you. sometimes they work, just kind of uncomfortable.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 26, 2008 12:50 AM) : 

Keanan: I did get some rest, thanks, but not enough. Sounds like you need a vacation after your vacation. Good luck with your 13 hour day ahead of you.

 

post a comment