Monday, June 02, 2008

It's Enough...

Had my one day weekend here, and it was a good one. Went out with a friend this aft, spending time walking about a book store, grabbing a bite, and generally talking away a few hours. It's those moments in time that help keep the focus through the morass of tedium the fading weeks seem to be. Value them when they appear. When it's all said and done, the few grains you manage to steal from the sands of time are all that really matters anyway...

Hmm, this melancholy post here could be brought on by the music of choice too. Another find on MuchMoreMusic, I heard Robert Plant and Allison Krauss together on Please Read The Letter from their project album Raising Sand. Some YouTube trawling later, and I've been playing this one often - Allison Krauss and Plant singing Through The Morning. A really haunting tune, and her voice is pure gold. This is a duet album I wouldn't have thought of, but I'm buying this record...


Then I was in the mood for some Captain Mal and the crew of Firefly, so I put in the DVD and watched the pilot episode. Such great characters - so sad the show was cancelled way before it's time. But he has one of my fave quotes of the show at the end:

"Well, we're still flyin'"
"That's not much."
"It's enough."
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Comments on "It's Enough..."

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (June 02, 2008 7:09 AM) : 

Now that Allison Krauss can sing with the best of them. I have several of her albums. Thanks for stopping by the blog spot yesterday. Always enjoy your input. I am working my way through the "Stranger" series. I'm up to five and have enjoyed all of them so far. Keep up the good work.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (June 02, 2008 3:19 PM) : 

Yep, always been a big fan of Krauss. Her voice is second to none.

Thanks for the kind words about the Stranger series. I'm glad you're enjoying them, they were fun to write. Need to get back to that :)

 

post a comment