Monday, June 02, 2008

Hollywood Goes Even Lower...

Indiana Jones Soundtrack Intentionally Muted In Theaters

This is some story.  Apparently, Paramount intentionally degraded the audio is the prints of Indiana Jones sent to the theatres.  Basically, each theatre got a print where the audio drops out at a certain spot in the movie.  The point to this?  It's their way of being able to track a pirated copy of the movie.

This is ridiculous, as the author of the above article points out.  You pay high prices to see a movie in the theatre which is supposed to be seeing the movie the best way possible.  Now you're paying to see an intentionally degraded product. 

As if I needed any more reasons to stay out of theatres.  The overall experience keeps getting worse (other people, cell phones, talking, high prices, high food prices, etc, etc), but there was still the movie itself in big screen and big audio.  Now there's not even that anymore.  You guys are messing with the only reason left to go to a theatre!!!

If this is the kind of stuff they're going to pull, they won't be getting my money.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Comments on "Hollywood Goes Even Lower..."

 

Blogger Lavinia said ... (June 02, 2008 11:00 PM) : 

I couldn't agree more with this: "As if I needed any more reasons to stay out of theatres. The overall experience keeps getting worse (other people, cell phones, talking, high prices, high food prices, etc, etc),"

I seldom go to movies and you have hit the nail on the head as to why.

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (June 02, 2008 11:20 PM) : 

I've tossed a few unruly patrons out on occasion. That's why I can't go anymore, my family won't let me. Actually, it is because of the very things you mentioned. Hollywood would have to stand up to see over a dime. Enjoying your stranger series. Just finished number 8 tonight.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (June 03, 2008 2:15 PM) : 

Lavinia: Yep, those reasons to stay home and watch a movie keep getting longer.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (June 03, 2008 2:21 PM) : 

Texican: Wish I could toss some "patrons" out. 'Course, I'd want to empty the theatre :)

Wow, you're really tearing through the Stranger series :) Thanks for taking the time to read them and comment, glad you're finding them enjoyable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 03, 2008 3:09 PM) : 

Hubby mentioned this to me yesterday. LAME.

 

Blogger Swinebread said ... (June 03, 2008 10:42 PM) : 

Hmmm I didn't notice this when I went but then maybe I was thinking too much about the monkeys.

I'm rarely going to the theater anymore.

 

post a comment