Monday, May 26, 2008

No Rest For The Weary

Sorry for the delays in posting here folks, but been a busy couple of days. I did get some rest at least before I went to work Friday. Saturday was busy with condo work and general "things that need doing" getting in the way, but I did get to enjoy watching a few of the Death Wish movies on TV. That first one was good as an ordinary man going on revenge flick, and the second one was ok too as a man caught in a vicious cycle. But boy, that third one just did away with any pretense of being serious and just went full on action cheese / overacting fiasco. Still kinda fun, but in a Batman Forever kind of way. Death Wish 4 was predictable as all get out, but the end was a different twist. They weren't exactly great cinema, but decent entertainment. I guess I was in a Death Wish marathon mood anyway.

Hockey season is winding down as well. The local team lost the Memorial Cup, and Pittsburgh opened the Stanley Cup finals with a loss. I really should stop cheering for the teams I want to win - they never do. The last three Stanley Cup finals all blew as Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa all lost and I was cheering for them too. So, um, go Detroit! Maybe reverse psychology will work.

Going to try to grab some sleep here, before getting up at the crack of dawn to head out of town for the quarterly kidney checkup. Should be fun, or not. Wish I had an iPhone so I could post from the road. That would be cool.

And I was messing around with Pixelmator again, and came up with this. Its a shot I took driving to work, and then wound up making it look funky. The practice is fun anyway...

Comments on "No Rest For The Weary"

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (May 26, 2008 3:23 AM) : 

FYI: Downloaded Pixelmator, but haven't had a chance yet to really play around with it.

From the photos you've posted, though, I expect to like the results.

 

Blogger Lavinia said ... (May 26, 2008 9:43 AM) : 

I can't make head or tail of these photo programs. Our new computer has photoshop and I managed to put a few flowers on my photo. Yippee, but I have no idea how I figured it out and not sure I would know how to do it again.

I was checking your blog throughout the weekend and wondered what had happened to you.

Glad you're back, only to learn you are off again. What on earth does checking kidneys mean?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 26, 2008 3:23 PM) : 

Photoshop is pretty heavy duty for photo editing, but if you have it, you have a lot of power. Learning how to use it will take time and experimentation.

I've been following the Revision3 internet TV show "Pixel Perfect" where Bert Monroy demonstrates Photoshop techniques. I try to translate the techniques he shows into something similar for the GIMP (free photoshop-like image editor), and so far it has worked well, where I've needed it.

I haven't tried Pixelmator yet, but from what Eaglewing is reporting, it sounds like a user-friendly app. Maybe we can hope for some screenshots, showing us "Eaglewing work in progress." :-)

originallru

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 27, 2008 7:16 AM) : 

Sounds like you've had a relaxing weekend. Good for you! Those teams just keep on passing those winning cups around don't they? What is your line of work? How far do you have to drive?.....
The Bach

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 27, 2008 3:51 PM) : 

Keanan: Hope you enjoy Pixelmator. The last update they did to it really improved it in my opinion and I'm liking what I've seen so far. Lots to learn with it though.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 27, 2008 3:53 PM) : 

Lavinia: Yep, some of those photo programs are daunting. It's a flailing around in the dark for me kind of learning with them too, but it's the kind of thing I enjoy.

See my next post about the kidneys. I've had a kidney transplant and have to go get checkups throughout the years. Been fortunate though in that it seems to be working well.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 27, 2008 3:54 PM) : 

originallru: I've tried the Gimp too, and it's not too bad either. I might have to post a screen shot too. Hadn't thought of that. :)

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 27, 2008 3:57 PM) : 

I work for the local transit system, doing service work / lite maintenance on the buses. It's about a 25 minute drive if the traffic is good, but I have to leave 45 minutes early in case it isn't. You never know with the way people drive nowadays. I'm hoping I can transfer back to a closer depot within the year.

 

post a comment