Sunday, June 01, 2008

Another Week Down...

Glad that long week is finally over.  Worked today, then put the week to bed.  Going to be a short weekend as I go back on Monday, but at least from here on out I should be back to my regular shifts and hopefully find a better routine.

Grabbed some groceries at the 24 hour Sobey's on the way home, and managed to get home in time to watch the movie Silverado on AMC.  Pretty decent western, with a good cast - Kevin Costner, Kevin Kline, Brian Dennehey, Danny Glover, and Scott Glen.  Not a classic, but a good movie, with some good lines.

Then I flipped over to TCM, and came across a black and white movie with typical noir jazz music playing.  The main character (played by Robert Webber) I recognized from a Rockford Files episode (Farewell, Aura Lee was the episode), so I tuned in. After a car accident, the guy has amnesia, hallucinations, and woman troubles, so figured it could be good. Wasn't sure what I was watching, so I hit the TCM website to see what the name of the movie was.  It's called Hysteria, a 1965 movie.  But here's the thing - on the website, there's a "Synopsis", except as I read it, it not only gave me the synopsis, but also the plot and the ending.  Way to go, TCM.  You can check it out here if you want to save yourself 86 minutes of movie watching time.

And in looking at some Apple links, I was looking at the Aperture software page and found some interesting videos on how professional photographers use Aperture for their work.  Even if you don't have any interest in the Apple software, it's still kind of interesting listening and watching how they select shots and do edits to come up with great photos.  Aperture looks like a pretty good professional grade program too.  And only $199!  Yeah, I think iPhoto is working fine for me for now...

Hope to get around to my fave blogs and websites again tomorrow after I get some sleep...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Comments on "Another Week Down..."

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (June 01, 2008 5:51 AM) : 

Looks like I was thinking of getting up at about the same time as you posted. Working or retired, it's tough to get the schedule arranged. Have a great weekend.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (June 02, 2008 3:21 AM) : 

Thanks, and I hope to find a better schedule in the weeks to come. But it's true when they say life is what happens while you're making other plans...

 

Blogger Lavinia said ... (June 02, 2008 11:01 PM) : 

sorry that tcm gave away the ending...how silly was that..?

 

post a comment