Monday, November 13, 2006

Start the View Count: A New Vid

Well, after my first attempt at making a Logan/Marie X-Men music vid is now moving in on 2000 views on YouTube, I thought I'd try another since the people have spoken and seem to like it. :)

I had an idea and a song for one, so I made a new one, but wasn't quite happy with it, so I let it percolate for a couple of weeks. I added a couple fades and a vid effect or two, changed two clips at the end, and it works much better. It's still amateur hour, but I like it.

I can see why these music videos are so popular around the net fandom circles. They're fun to make - ridiculous time consuming time wasters, but fun. Take some of your favorite elements from a movie or show, add some favorite music, and turn out a clip of the way you'd write the show if you were in charge. Now this is putting technology to good use :)

Comments on "Start the View Count: A New Vid"

 

Blogger Jill Pole said ... (November 13, 2006 4:57 PM) : 

Somehow, I think I missed the first one. It was great. I do love the Logan/Marie dynamic in the films. Much more than Jane Grey. Probably it's just that Jackman and Paquin have such great chemistry. A little May/December, but I don't care! :-)

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (November 13, 2006 5:15 PM) : 

Thanks. I think they accidentally caught lightning in a bottle with the chemistry of those two in the first movie. Too bad they didn't play it out more in the sequels.

Oh, and to get a little 'comic book geeky' here, :) the May/December thing makes perfect sense in the XMen universe, considering Logan's healing factor keeps him from aging like other people. She'd catch up and pass him before he aged a bit :)

 

post a comment