Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Terminated TV...

So they have cast the lead in the soon to be made and cancelled TV series "The Sarah Conner Chronicles." It's Lena Headey. Who? Yeah, me too.

Gotta wonder how this is going to turn out. I'm thinking cancelled quickly, unless it gets more of a leash than "Blade" did on Spike TV. I figure both shows will suffer the same problem. On the Blade TV show, the lead actor couldn't compare to Wesley Snipes version of Blade. I'm betting the same thing will happen with the Sarah Conner Chronicles. How does any actress equal what Linda Hamilton did with that character? It'll be tough sledding from the get go.

The funny thing with Blade was that the actor was finally starting to put his own stamp on the character instead of trying to act like Snipes as Blade, when they cancelled the series. Too little too late, I guess. The show was actually kind of interesting, and had it not been connected to the movies, it might have fared better. I never bothered watching more than a couple episodes, because it was a foregone conclusion it would be cancelled, and it was.

That's another reason I don't watch much in the way of weekly TV shows anymore. What's the point of tuning into new shows when they cancel them within the season, if not sooner? If a show with the star power and creative minds of Studio 60 is about to be cancelled already, what are the chances of a Blade or Sarah Conner?

I think the real Terminators are the shortsighted TV studio execs...

(oh, and I can't let a TV post go by without saying - 'Stupid, Stupid, Fox! Firefly would have run as a hit for 7 seasons easy if you hadn't screwed it up!')

Comments on "Terminated TV..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 08, 2006 5:22 PM) : 

Hmmm. At least she LOOKS like she fits the part. I'm actually really curious to see this show. I think it has great potential!

As for Firefly....DUDE! I dind't know you were a browncoat!! Shiny!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (November 08, 2006 5:46 PM) : 

Oh yeah, I'm a browncoat! Shiny indeed :)

 

post a comment