Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Here and There...

Worked night shift and then had to get up early because they were going to do stuff in the building and yadda-yadda-yadda, I’ve lost sleep for nothing so far. They couldn’t organize their way out of a paper bag…

On the upside, I flipped on my TV and found an episode of Due South – the one about the wild horses and the meat packing plant. So I got to see Ray go “Or maybe he did it…” ;-) That was a good show…

Can’t believe it’s November. That means the new Bond movie is opening on the 17th. After watching the trailer and thinking that gave too much away, I’ve now seen a TV spot and that gives away even more. I’m not watching any more commercials for it. It seems they’re so worried people might not like the new Bond, that they’re throwing all the good bits into the trailers just to make sure they get butts in the seats. The movie is getting good reviews, so that’s good, but I hate it when the trailers and commercials give away the farm. I purposefully avoided all X3 commercials except for the main trailer, and after seeing the movie and going back and watching the commercials, they gave away every single cool spot in the movie.

It's getting to the point where you can't even watch any promotional video for a movie without having it spoiled. I know all Hollywood cares about is the box office and getting people there, but it's getting ridiculous...

Comments on "Here and There..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 07, 2006 5:11 PM) : 

Excellent point. I avoided all of the X3 spots too and now I'm getting to the point where I watch the teaser trailer and if I really want to see it, I'll avoid everything else.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (November 08, 2006 6:03 AM) : 

That pretty much sums it up. I've seen the trailer - why spend 10 bucks on the movie?

 

post a comment