Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lest We Forget...

etaples2.jpg


Edit: Not my photo, sorry. Wanted a photo of Flanders Fields, and forgot the link in my insomnia state, but the thought remains the same.

Comments on "Lest We Forget..."

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (November 11, 2008 11:53 PM) : 

Awesome photo.

There's a National Cemetery in the city where I work, and there were Veterans Day ceremonies there today.

In the past, I've taken kids there for photography class field trips, and those rows and rows of white headstones are a sobering sight, prime time to discuss sacrifice, liberty, patriotism, and all sorts of high-sounding virtues that sometimes mean little without visual aids.

Thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (November 12, 2008 4:09 AM) : 

Oh dear. That's not my photo - I knew I forgot something when I posted this up. I'm slipping, I'm afraid.

It's an excellent idea to take kids to a National Cemetery to show what it means to be free.

 

post a comment