Monday, May 19, 2008

Australia Trailer

A new trailer has hit the web for the Baz Lurhmann directed epic, Australia, starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. Normally, these kind of epic period piece movies aren't my style, but this one looks good. Here's the synopsis:

A romantic action-adventure set in northern Australia prior to World War II, AUSTRALIA centers on an English aristocrat who inherits a ranch the size of Maryland. When English cattle barons plot to take her land, she reluctantly joins forces with a rough-hewn cattle driver to drive 2000 head of cattle across hundreds of miles of the country’s most unforgiving land, only to still face the bombing of Darwin, Australia by the Japanese forces that had attacked Pearl Harbor only months earlier.

It looks like a good action adventure western/WWII epic. I'll have to watch this one. And if those comparisons of Hugh Jackman to a young Clint Eastwood weren't there before, they will be now with that one shot in the trailer.
You can download the trailer in 480P HD here.

Comments on "Australia Trailer"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 19, 2008 6:18 AM) : 

I almost mistook him for Chuck Norris there for a second...

originallru

 

Blogger G said ... (May 19, 2008 9:09 AM) : 

I had no idea this was even being made. November? ARGH!!! Can't wait...

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (May 19, 2008 4:20 PM) : 

Didn't know about this one before reading your post. Looks interesting. (I'm into the occasional Western or old-time epic. Some are great, some are, uhm, attempting to be great?)

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. I like Jackman, and occasionally Kidman.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 20, 2008 2:10 AM) : 

Originallru: Well, I think we are due for a Chuck Norris comeback!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 20, 2008 2:11 AM) : 

Blog Princess G: I know, I'd like to see it now too. Might actually get me to a theatre to see the big screen vistas.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 20, 2008 2:13 AM) : 

Keanan: Indeed, some epics are great, some barely make the attempt. I think this one will be good though.

 

post a comment