Friday, May 16, 2008

Nope, Not The AC

Wednesday morning I was woken up early by work being done around the building. They had posted a sign letting us know they would be cleaning the carpets in the commons areas. Fair enough, I thought. Worst case, they'd make some noise momentarily outside my door as they worked through. What they didn't tell us in the one sheet notice was that they were bringing in a company that would run some kind of pump, compressor, or generator quite loudly starting early in the morning. And they proceeded to run the noise maker right outside my window for 4 and a half hours. I woke up in a weird stupor after only a couple hours sleep wondering what the hell was wrong with my air conditioner. After closely examining it while half asleep, it occurred to my fogged brain that the noise wasn't coming from the AC unit and that maybe I should open the drapes and take a look. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

So, of course, I couldn't get back to sleep, so I flipped on the TV and found that Due South was on. It was part one of the two part Mountie On The Bounty. It thankfully took my mind off the noise frustration for a while. That was a classic show.

Well, I did manage to catch a short nap before going to work the night shift and then when I came home I had to watch the conclusion, so I threw in the DVD and watched part 2. Great stuff. Nothing like Fraser teaching Ray how to swim with: "Bloom! Close! Kick 'em in the head!" to brighten a miserable day.

Now, brightened day or not, I need to get some sleep.

Comments on "Nope, Not The AC"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (May 16, 2008 7:39 AM) : 

It's not the A.C., it's the RCMP. Just a little rhyme to start or finish your day. I hate when that happens. Always someone nearby running a generator or compressor. Handy but noisy.

 

post a comment