Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all Father's out there!

Being a Father is a tough job and high responsibility, and one I never aim to take on. I am fortunate to have a great Father - a pillar of strenght for the family and always there when needed.

I have a lot of memories over the years of my Dad, but here's one. When I woke up from my kidney transplant surgery, both my parents were there. I needed to sit up a bit in the bed, but the surgery had cut through my stomach muscles and it was going to be difficutlt. In my foggy state, I knew I'd have to pull myself up with my arms, but I couldn't get a good angle on the bed bars. I think I said something like "Give me your hand" to my Dad, and our hands grasped together and I was able to pull up as he anchored me. I could feel the strenghth there and it gave me a shot. Some of that initial stuff after waking up is hazy in the mind, but that part is sharp.

So Thanks Dad for all the love shown and the things done for me over the years. Hope you have a good day.

Comments on "Happy Father's Day"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (June 15, 2008 7:35 AM) : 

Very nice story and tribute to boot. Good dads everywhere need to be honored. Thanks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 15, 2008 2:09 PM) : 

Amen to that!

This comes from the woman who has been married forty years to this "man of strength."

One of the things I have loved the most about him - yes, his incredible physical strength; but also his emotional stability and spiritual roots.

You have a wonderful father and he gave me you -
I am blessed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (June 19, 2008 10:50 PM) : 

Great post Eagle!!
The Bach

 

post a comment