Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Glass? Who Cares About Glass?" - John McClane

Well, that was fun. Went to grab a glass off the counter to get some water, and it somehow slipped right out of my hand and went for the floor. I came within a hair of grabbing it with my other hand, but missed it. It hit the floor and didn't just break, it exploded. Shards and chunks of glass all over the floor. Luckily, the glass had been empty at the time.

So, I dismally set about to pick up the pieces and and on the last piece I picked up, I cut myself, of course. Not a real cut, so much as a small jab under the finger nail. I didn't think much of it, just ran some cold water over it and continued on vacuuming up the rest of the small bits.

But then the finger kept nagging me, so I took a closer look, thought I saw something, and got a flashlight. Sure enough, there was the most incredibly smallest bit of thin glass shard still stuck in the tip of my finger, just under the fingernail. So, time for a make shift MASH unit. A careful look with a flashlight gave me the angle, and in lieu of tweezers I don't have, I used a small pair of scissors and on the 4th attempt managed to grip it and pull it out. Another cold water rinse, and all seems well.

And all I wanted was a glass of water.

Comments on ""Glass? Who Cares About Glass?" - John McClane"

 

post a comment