Wednesday, June 06, 2007

We Have A Winner?

So, after months of looking and researching and saving pennies, I think I have finally made a decision on how I'm going to upgrade my current computer situation. And the winner is...

A MacBook!

Ok, I'll also need a new LCD display to hook it up to since I don't feel like squinting at a 13 inch display all the time and my current 17" monitor is too small of real estate, but this should solve my upgrading needs. I'll use the MacBook as my desktop hooked up to a big screen, and then take it with me whenever I want for ultra portability. Then I can turn my currently stuttering Windows desktop into a slick Linux file server and DVR. And since I can run Windows XP on the Mac as well, I've got the best of all worlds.

And the best part of this - I can say goodbye to Microsoft. Well, mostly anyway, and any less reliance on Microsoft products is a good thing. I can convert my standards for free - Firefox, Thunderbird, and OpenOffice, to a Mac for ease of conversion. The rest is a learning curve, but after playing around on Mac's at an Apple reseller, I don't think that will be all that bad.

So, I just need to save a few more pennies for the overly expensive Mac hardware, and I'll be off. Soon, very soon...

Comments on "We Have A Winner?"

 

Blogger Blythe Lane said ... (June 07, 2007 8:05 AM) : 

Me, too...

 

post a comment