Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What if You Forget To Take the Pill?

Memory Drug ...on 60 Minutes

Would you take a pill to block or ease bad memories? I didn't watch the all videos, but the very premise that a pill currently used to lower blood pressure may soon be used to block memories is rather unsettling. I suppose there are good points to the possibility, but the ability to abuse it seems high. Plus, what if it wipes out memories you want to keep?

I didn't see the movie, but wasn't Jim Carrey's movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind basically about this? He wanted to remove the memories of his ex-girlfriend, and things didn't go quite as planned. Maybe I'll have to watch that flick now...

Comments on "What if You Forget To Take the Pill?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (November 28, 2006 3:32 PM) : 

Funny, as soon as I read "Would you take a pill to block or ease bad memories?" I thought of that movie!

 

post a comment