Thursday, October 26, 2006

Type Something...But Where?

Blog posting’s a bit light lately…not much interesting movie news…hours at work keep going strong and cutting into my writing/surfing/movie watching habits…trying to get some interfering ‘life’ tasks done too…drawing a blank on writing other stuff…

Been looking at other blogging services. Wordpress seems the most intriguing, and they supposedly even have a way of converting a Blogger account over along with the comments. I might have to try it. I’d like to use tags and avatars and the like…have better control over my sidebars, and better control period. Blogger is temperamental at the best of times, so maybe a change is in the works. Or maybe not.

I looked at LiveJournal, and maybe should take a look at Typepad too. LiveJournal is both interesting and confusing at the same time with their ‘community’ setup, but I like the way you can tag moods, music, and avatars together quickly. Not enough to make the jump over there though…

I don’t want to lose what I’ve got, but I’d like to do more with what I have too. And not pay anything for it either. That’s important. :-)

Comments on "Type Something...But Where?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 26, 2006 4:37 PM) : 

I use blogger beta for my daily blogging and WP 1.5 for my movie site. I like the versatility of WP and 2.0 (which is the version they run on their free blogs) has some excellent advantages not to mention LOADS of bonus plugins. Make sure you let us know when you do make the switch!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 27, 2006 6:12 AM) : 

Thanks for the tips. I like the look of your movie site - very clean and easy to navigate. What I've been reading about Wordpress certainly has impressed me the most.

Don't know when or if I'll make the switch, but after Blogger went down yet again today, I'm leaning towards doing something.

Oh, and if I do, I'll make sure to post the new URL in bright neon so everyone knows of the switch :)

 

post a comment