Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Overlay This...

How to Capture Screenshots from Windows Media Player

This is a good tip I thought I'd pass along. I was trying to capture screenshots of a video I was playing in Media Player and couldn't do it. I tried WinAmp with the same result. All I'd get was a screenshot of the video window but nothing of the actual video that was playing, just a black screen. Tried some different things, then hit the net to find out how to do it.

Basically, this is how:
So here is the free and simple way to capture Images from Windows Media Player

Open Window Media Player
Then go to Tools | Options
In Options, select the Performance Tab
Way below you click on the Advanced Button
Uncheck “Use Overlays’
Click Ok
And you are ready.


What did we do before the internet to find an answer to fix a problem? Go to the library?

Comments on "Overlay This..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (October 26, 2006 4:34 PM) : 

You have the most useful web tips! I was wondering how people managed to get this stuff!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (October 27, 2006 5:07 AM) : 

This wasn't really my tip, but thanks. :)

In Quicktime, you can do a simple Ctrl-C, copy and paste, but in Media plaer and Winamp, you have to do this turn off the overlays thing before you can do a printscreen capture. Go figure.

 

post a comment