Friday, September 08, 2006

Finally Got It...

I first heard this song on Tim McGraw’s NBC special. Failed to get a recording of it at the time, and searched the net unsuccessfully for it too. Then today I was flipping through the channels and caught a rerun of Tim and Faith on Oprah. Normally, I don’t watch Oprah, but I made an exception today and managed to record this song. Wish I had the version from the NBC special too, but this is really good. Was going to upload it to YouTube, but someone beat me to it:





It’s a slow, understated, well-sung song with some good lyrics, especially this one near the end that I like…

I want to drink that shot of whiskey,
I want to smoke that cigarette,
You know some cowboys like me go out like that…
So I need you…

Comments on "Finally Got It..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 08, 2006 2:55 PM) : 

Those two are such a great couple. This is one of the few country songs I really like.

 

post a comment