Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Still Around...

Wanted to get some more posts up this week, but between working extra hours and sleeping, I’m not getting to it. That’ll change soon. To quote Brendan from the movie Brick, “I’ve got knives in my eyes, I’m going home.” ‘Course, he didn’t make it home either :)

Have to get my review up for To Have & Have Not – excellent movie, by the way. I think it’s landed a spot on my favorites list.

On the other end of the scale, check this out if you dare. Cinema Blend has a link to a new international trailer for the brain cell killing movie of the year, D.O.A: Dead or Alive. I’m sure it’s supposed to be campy, but this just looks so stupid. Even worse than the Charlie’s Angels flicks. They’ve even got Eric Roberts as the bad guy. If they didn’t find ridiculous excuses for babes in bikinis, this movie would have no redeeming qualities whatsoever. You can download the trailer here (not QT7, as far as I can tell), and tell me if you don’t think even Saved by the Bell’s Screech couldn’t take out that first chick while she’s waiting for the ‘bra gun’ to fall into her hand...

Comments on "Still Around..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (September 07, 2006 1:08 PM) : 

Oh man. That's truly awful. And to think that at one point I actually wanted to see this...

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (September 08, 2006 5:38 AM) : 

Ah, a chess based loved story. Now I get the title and the recommendation. :) I thought it might be a war movie from the title...

As far as DOA goes - as themarina stated - it's 'truly awful'. And its not so much that I always want serious movies, it's just that if its campy, don't try to play it so serious. I'm not going to buy the 'bra gun' scene, but if they'd had the gun slip through her fingers accidentally, then have her use the falling bra as a weapon (choke hold?) instead in a kind of "whoops" moment, that I could go with. Or instead of a serious delivery of "Let's split'em up evenly" as 100 ninjas rush the five of them, have one of them say "Oh shit." Now that'd be funny and I could buy it even if they beat the ninjas. But then, suspension of disbelief is a tricky thing.

 

post a comment