Saturday, October 22, 2005

PluggedIn: DVD format war brews even as videos go off-disk - Yahoo! News

PluggedIn: DVD format war brews even as videos go off-disk - Yahoo! News

Great. As if the upcoming DVD format war wasn't stupid enough, now it may be the beginning of the end for DVD altogether. Some are speculating consumers would rather have video on demand and streaming downloads than DVD hardware and discs. Come on, people. It's way better to own the product yourself. I don't want to have to depend on the whims of somebody else's hard drive files when I want to watch something. The video on demand guys already change their libraries every month. If I want to sit down and watch an episode or two of The Rockford Files, I want to be able to that when I want and as many times as I want for one price, not on the off chance it's available in someone else's online library. Plus, either way, we're going to have to pay for it, so I'd rather own it outright with an actual media form of a shiny disc I can hold in my hands ;-)

Comments on "PluggedIn: DVD format war brews even as videos go off-disk - Yahoo! News"

 

post a comment