Friday, September 30, 2005

Ramblings...

Well, back again...thought I'd post something...still feel like 20 miles of bad road, but the hardtop is getting smoother...

Seen the video for the new Faith Hill / Tim McGraw song - "Like We Never Loved At All"? Well done, well acted, tells a story to the song. The '60's setting gives it a different look, including the beehive hair :) The ending is kind of open ended - makes you wonder if they'll do another video to continue the story. Of course, they'd have to find the right song first. Maybe they could do something like what Travis Tritt did with videos. His 3 videos back in the '90's about the Vietnam vet 'Mac' told quite the story.

Still can't play music videos on MSN.com because of being in the wrong 'region' apparently, but if I download the plug in I can watch music videos at music.AOL.com. I can also watch movie trailers and other vids. I've only downloaded the plug in on my test hard drive - still not sure I want anything AOL related on my good hard drive. Isn't AOL the one with a really bad reputation for being hard to get off your system?

Anyway, thanks to the AOL site, I can listen to Sheryl Crow's new album "Wildflower", which I didn't even know was coming out. It's been about 3 years since she released her last studio album - the excellent "Come On, Come On". I remember it well, since that album and Steve Earle's "Transcendental Blues" album were the soundtracks to my early months on dialysis. Crow's "Steve McQueen", "Safe and Sound", "Abilene", and Earle's "Transcendental Blues", "Lonelier Than This", and my favorite "All My Life"(how many nights, sitting in that chair, headphones on, volumn cranked, listening to the words and pounding beat of All My Life, letting it carry me through). Ah, memories...can't hear those songs without thinking about it...

Everytime you hear the rolling thunder,
You turn around before the lightning strikes,
Well Does it ever make you stop and wonder
If all your good times passed you by...

(Sheryl Crow, Good is Good)

Comments on "Ramblings..."

 

post a comment