Sunday, May 04, 2008

Rollin'

Nothing much to say at the moment...listening to Kid Rock "Only God Knows Why" and surfing through YouTube vids...another week fallen off the calendar, which is good and bad depending how you look at it...had truck troubles with the Dodge, but thank God for Fathers, rope, and being there...and the truck is rolling again, still got some more miles left in 'er...went out for a bit to road test it and get some gas and grub...we ain't gonna be driving long if oil companies keep drilling our wallets instead of drilling for crude...and who knew Dairy Queen was still such a popular joint on a Sunday night...I ate my Wendy's burger across the street and watched the place crowded and hoppin'...it's amusing watching people from a distance...but I rolled home then and think I'll watch a movie and pass out...yep, solid plan, that.

Comments on "Rollin'"

 

Blogger G said ... (May 05, 2008 12:27 AM) : 

So... the suspense is killing me - what was the movie?

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 05, 2008 2:30 AM) : 

I watched the 1950 Robert Mitchum noir, Where Danger Lives. He plays a doctor who falls for a pretty patient and a couple hard knocks later winds up in over his woozy head. Pretty good movie too.

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (May 05, 2008 6:38 AM) : 

Used to be an adjustable wrench, a screwdriver, jumper cables and a can of Casite Motor Honey were all you needed for minor repairs. Now you need a degree from ITT Tech just to change the battery. Glad the old fliver is still rolling.

 

Blogger G said ... (May 05, 2008 8:42 AM) : 

Great choice. I'm sure I saw that... I'd see Robert Mitchum in anything!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (May 05, 2008 10:32 PM) : 

Glad that you got your Dodge truck running again. People are so fun to watch. One time while waiting in line at a theater, I started watching people and I tried to find a nice quality about each one of them.. surprisingly, it was easy.. I guess maybe its one's attitude (meaning mine) was in sync with the world and it was fun to do. After the movie, lets go get some grub, bud!
Bach

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (May 05, 2008 11:33 PM) : 

I've been contemplating giving up my truck (a Ford--not my first choice, but it was available), because it's been in the shop several times over the years, but it gets okay gas mileage (for a truck).

If I had my wish, I'd keep a truck and a car, but there's neither money nor storage for both. And, has been the case for almost 11 years, I need to truck for work.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (May 06, 2008 2:06 AM) : 

@Texican: It is an old fliver, but it's still rolling. At least it's not a bundle of wires like those new things these days.


@Blog Princess G: Agreed about Mitchum. Mr Cool in the movies.


@Bachelor: People watching is a lot of fun, but I don't know if I could come up with a good quality about everyone. Kudos to you, sir. I'll try it sometime.


@Keanan: Yeah, there's something about a truck. Can't see me driving a car, but I may have to with today's fuel costs. Hopefully there's life left in the pickup.

 

post a comment