Monday, March 12, 2007

Why Do I Know That?

I have too much useless information in my head.

I'm watching an episode of Seinfeld - the one where Elaine makes friends with Susan, much to George's dismay, and worlds collide, and Kramer is movie phone guy, [Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you want to see?], and George winds up in the wrong theatre looking for Susan, Elaine, and Jerry. At that point, you can see a bit of the movie playing in the background above George's head. No faces are shown, no dialogue is heard, and it's certainly not one that could pass for the fictitious Chunnel they're supposedly seeing. And yet I know what movie it is.

That's just sad. I can't learn anything new, 'cause like Homer said, "Every time I learn something new it pushes something old out of my brain", and I so need to hang on to information like this.

The movie, by the way, is The American President with Michael Douglas and Annette Benning. Not a bad movie either, for those types of light, meaningless romcoms...

Comments on "Why Do I Know That?"

 

post a comment