Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Magnum P.I. Movie

Matthew McConaughey As Magnum P.I.

Looks like the Magnum movie is moving forward, with a director and cast. This isn't official yet, far as I can tell, but it's interesting. Apparently they've got director Rawson Marshall Thurber (who?) on board - he of Dodgeball fame - and the cast is supposed to be Matthew McConaughey as Magnum, Steve Zahn as Rick, Tyrese Gibson as chopper pilot TC, and William H Macy as Higgins.

Interesting casting, I suppose, but doesn't this sound a bit like a reunion for a Sahara 2 movie? Still, it might work, as long as they don't go into Starsky & Hutch comedy mode.

Comments on "Magnum P.I. Movie"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 17, 2007 7:33 PM) : 

I like the idea of Matthew McConaughey as Magnum PI and what the deal with McConaughey and Zahn working together again?

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (January 18, 2007 4:09 AM) : 

Yeah, I think he can pull it off. As it says around the 'web though, he'll have to drop the southern accent though. And this group (McConaughey, Zahn, Macy) working together again does seem a little odd...

 

post a comment