Tuesday, January 16, 2007

iwant iphone...



I want one of these - if it does everything as well as they say it will. I've been staunchly avoiding the iPod, but this might be the gadget I've long been looking for. A cell phone, text message and email, camera, voice recorder, MP3 player, widescreen video player, photo viewer, QWERTY keyboard (on screen), and a touch screen interface which means no stylus pens. If this thing will do some PDA functions too, it might be worth it.

Of course, it comes down to how good the cell phone is, and does all this stuff actually work together well. I'd be a little worried about the lone touch screen for info. I mean, typing with your thumbs on a QWERTY touch screen keyboard? Might work, but how long with the screen last? And won't it get all smudged? Ah, can't wait for the reviews to start coming through.

Unfotunately, this thing doesn't debut in the US till June, so I can only imagine how long before it gets to Canada. And being its a GSM phone, that'll probably mean Rogers will get it for distro, which I'm not too keen on either. Have to see how it plays out, but it looks promising for an all in one device I've been waiting for...

Comments on "iwant iphone..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 16, 2007 6:39 PM) : 

I'm the same. I've been avoiding iPods like the plague but if this is as good as it sounds (and looks) I may still jump on the bandwagon.

My only holdback at the moment is that the first gen iPods had a stack of problems so I may wait for a second gen before jumping on board. Oh yeah...and the price has to be right.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (January 17, 2007 1:19 PM) : 

LRU: yeah, its gonna cost. $499 US if I read right. If they're going the handcuff route too, I may not be as interested. However, it is a single device that does eveything I'm looking for, so I'll take a serious look at it either way.

Marina: I can only imagine the bugs this thing will have with version 1. It's still tempting though :)

 

post a comment