Saturday, January 13, 2007

250 Million Reasons Not To Watch Soccer...

So, David Beckham gets 250 million US dollars to move to Hollywood. Oh, yeah, and play some soccer too. If that were for a 25 year contract it might make sense (no it still wouldn't), but its for 5. Yes, 5 whole years - do the math. I don't care about soccer, and I sure don't care about Beckham or Posh. What I do care about is that some washed up soccer player and his "I haven't done anything since Spice Girls" tabloid wife that couldn't get sarcasm on The Daily Show are gonna be wallowing in 50 mil a year while the majority of the world struggles to make the mortgage payment and people are still starving to death all around the globe. What the hell?!? I could go on a blog page rant that would kill all known bandwith about just how messed up the world is when this not only happens, but makes front page headlines to boot, but I digress. Suffice it to say, I won't be watching any MLS soccer games just in general protest...not that I would have, but if I'm not going to be watching soccer anyway, I may as well contribute it to a protest...

Comments on "250 Million Reasons Not To Watch Soccer..."

 

post a comment