Sunday, July 10, 2005

Mr. Clean and Dr. Pepper...

Hmmm, no wonder insomniacs have clean houses. I couldn’t sleep, so I stumbled out of bed way too early this morning and decided to do something. After exercising, I cleaned the place. However, that didn’t help my ringing ears or my ability, or non-ability as it were, to sleep. I do, however, have only current content in the fridge now…

Have you seen the commercial for Dr. Pepper? Hilarious…it features the song “I Would Do Anything for Love” by Meatloaf as we see this guy doing all kinds of unmanly things for his girlfriend. However, when they’re on the couch watching TV and she takes his Dr. Pepper for a drink…it’s over! As Meatloaf sings “I would do anything for love…but I won’t do that…” he bolts and goes running down the street…while she looks on in bewilderment…funny stuff…

So, the Fantastic Four pulled in 56 million at the box office this weekend and went number 1…let me rephrase that – went to number 1. Interesting, considering it pretty much got slammed by the critics. I heard Michael Chiklis was a standout in the role of The Thing, though. I guess the high gross will be good for continued comic book movies, but it may also give Fox the continued idea that doing things half-assed on comic book movies is ok cause the public won’t know the difference. I guess only us fanboys will. Just start reading about the train wreck that X3 appears to be headed for…

Comments on "Mr. Clean and Dr. Pepper..."

 

post a comment