Monday, July 04, 2005

Kidney Beans...

So, did the checkup on the kidney again...wasn't great results, tho I wasn't surprised. Got to get more blood work done later in the week to see if the toxin rise was a fluke, dehydration, or something worse. I'm not going to worry about it yet - been down this road too many times to panic - I'll just drink like a camel and hope for the best...

While I was there, I proferred a question to the staff - If you've had a transplant, can you still sign a donor card to be a donor for other organs, or would they have been damaged by the drugs? I mean, my heart, liver, and lungs are all still pretty good...couldn't somebody get some use out of them? To my great surprise, they all responded the same - "That's a great question. I don't think anyone's asked that before." What the? You gotta be kidding me...I can't be the first to ponder that. The "unofficial" answer was yes, sign the donor card, but it wasn't a concrete answer. I can kind of understand tho...this staff deals with the other side of transplants - the recovery and progress. They don't do transplant selection. Still, kinda odd...

Nobody said anything about my BP, so I'm going back to half the dosage again and see if I can straighten out my ears. Life sucks when you've got a 747 turbine engine going in your head and you can't shut it off. Again, though, been down this road way too many times to count, and so far I've always made it back...

Anyway, got to go drink some more...got two days to soak this kidney...bottoms up!

Comments on "Kidney Beans..."

 

post a comment