Saturday, June 25, 2005

Fraser!

Some info here that may be interesting or useful or completely boring depending on your point of view…

Upcoming releases include:
The Spenser movie collection on June 28. This includes the 4 TV movies starring Robert Urich as the classic PI Spenser. The movies were great – Urich really played the role well as did Avery Brooks as his friend Hawk. Two of my favorite lines:

[Secretary to Spenser as he heads down the hall to barge in on her boss: “I’m calling your superiors!”
Spenser: “I have no superiors. I may not even have an equal.” (the delivery of the line was great)]

[Hawk after a fight: “Because I am Elusive!”]

Remington Steele on July 26 – be careful which one you pick up. Apparently, they’re releasing a couple of versions. A volume 1 and a volume 2 and a complete set of both volumes. Don’t ask me why…

McCloud, seasons 1 & 2 on August 9. Alright! I loved this show. It’ll be nice to see some of these old episodes…

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on September 13. Cool movie, absolutely hilarious. Marvin, the paranoid android was killer…”Do you call this job satisfaction, ‘cause I sure don’t.”

…and don’t forget, the movie of the year – Sin City on August 16. Unfortunately, this will be a barebones edition, with the much anticipated special edition coming later. I hate that, but the movie was so good and true to the books that I’ll have to pick this one up. I’ll jetison it to the used DVD place once I hear when the good one is coming out…

Oh, and for this blog’s regular reader, here’s the key news. Due South, the final season 4, will be released September 27. This will mean that all the episodes from this great show will actually be available on DVD. Very cool…

Comments on "Fraser!"

 

post a comment