Thursday, June 23, 2005

Life Is Like A....

…trip through the Wendy’s drive-thru. You never know what you’re going to get. (Apologies to Forest Gump.) Why is it so hard for them to get it right? This isn’t rocket science people. I’m tellin’ ya, Leo Getz was right. Last week they screwed up which salad I ordered (I ordered the chicken strips salad, got the BLT), and this week they gave me a Sprite with no ice (“You wanted no ice, right?”…..Um, no – how did you come up with that? Nowhere did I say anything about ice!) and today it took 4 tries before she understood I wanted a combo with a Sprite plus an additional large Coke. (I was picking it up for someone else). Then I finally get the order straight, pay for it, get to the pickup window and they tell me they’re out of Sprite. What the #$%!? Out of Sprite?! This is what you do…all that you do…sell food and drinks. How poorly managed can your operation be to run out of something you sell lots of everyday by the middle of the day? It wasn’t like it was 3 in the morning. And why didn’t you say something when I was ordering? Anyway, since I can’t drink anything with caffeine, I was basically shit out of luck. So I canned the drink, got my food, and got the hell out of there. Stupid, Stupid Rat Creatures…(oh, just google it.)

Comments on "Life Is Like A...."

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (June 25, 2005 2:23 PM) : 

Yeah, well, like they say - "Minimum work for Minimum wage." What else can you expect from a drive thru? I'm pretty sure 'professionalism' isn't on the menu...

What's with the "eager fans" remark? I mean, when did it become plural? I can count the readers of this blog on one hand with a couple left over fingers...just kidding :-) You know what they say - Life is what happens while you're making other plans. Hopefully I'll get some more posts going again here...nice to know somebody's reading my stream of consciousness...

 

Blogger Hermione Van Der Postings said ... (July 08, 2005 7:41 PM) : 

Ever considered becoming a vegetarian?

 

post a comment