Thursday, June 30, 2005

Glad that's over...

So, June wasn't exactly a good month. Usually isn't. As I'm sure you can tell from the staggering numerical amount of blog postings during the month of soaring temperatures and diving morale. Whatever...

Cleaning up some loose ends, looking around inside to see if I can find what matters, and as a by-product, hopefully start writing again. I've got the story arc of The Stranger still percolating, so here's hoping a few more eps will get posted...

Picked up the book Sin City: The Making of the Movie. Good book, if you liked the flick. Contains the movie script, tons of pictures, and interesting quotes and thoughts from the 3 directors and the actors. Weird, but everytime I get looking or reading something about Frank Miller's Sin City books / movie, it makes me want to write again. Stories of my own. Reading 'The Hard Goodbye' last fall blew me away and actually got me writing again after a long time. Also, watched an interview with the author of the Spenser PI stories which was interesting. He basically got into it after his wife convinced him to leave his university job and do something he wanted to do, noting how unhappy he was at where he was...and look how many books he wrote.

Anyway, here's hoping July is cooler, tho I'm not holding my breath (not that its really easy to breathe in this soup anyway :)...nothing like getting out of my truck, going into work, and instantly feeling like I need a shower...
Holding out for a good report on Monday from the Docs (as I look forward to them gathering around my arm cuff as they wait in eager anticipation to see if I've set a new blood pressure record [nod to Lewis Black])
If that goes well, who knows what'll happen in the next little while. I'll try to write more even if its crap, change some shit in my life, and if not....well, I'll just Blame the Vain...

Comments on "Glad that's over..."

 

post a comment