Thursday, April 02, 2009

Burn Baby Burn

Here we are in April, which means a quarter of the year burned up. Yay. The quicker the better I say.

I appear to be back online here in a solid way for a change. Starting last week, my (probably 7 year old) Linksys router started to cough, then choke, then die on me. After messing around with it and limping along for a couple days, I finally gave up on it. Looked like I'd need a new router. Luckily, I've been using an Apple Airport Express as a wireless access point for my network, and I'd forgotten it can be used as a router as well. It took me a little to get it online and then setup right, but that was more me and my dearth of networking skills. Apparently it's got a firewall as does Mac OS, so I'm back up and running. The downside is I have no wired access to my network at the moment, so I may consider an upgrade to get the old XP machine online again. The upside to the switch though was a massive burst in internet speed. I guess my old Linksys router was really slowing me down, but I think I'm getting true wireless N speed now on my iMac. On top of that, this seems to have fixed what I thought was a bug in Mac Mail, but that left along with the router. So the router going up in smoke was a very good thing apparently.

Otherwise, it's same old on the western front here: tired. Watching CMT here and listening to Dierks Bentley's song Feel that Fire. I wouldn't mind feeling a bit of fire either. Speaking of CMT, what's with the jamming the screen full of every bit of graphics and moving text possible to keep you from seeing the actual video thats playing? Rather annoying, but it did tell me that it's EmmyLou Harris birthday, turning 62. So happy birthday to one of the best ever.

Oh well, on with the show. Enjoy your Thursday.

Comments on "Burn Baby Burn"

 

Blogger Alexander Field said ... (April 03, 2009 2:50 AM) : 

Wow, nice image of a router on fire. I just stumbled across your blog today...I'll have to come back and check out your reviews..

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (April 04, 2009 6:28 AM) : 

Thanks for stopping by Alexander. You're certainly welcome back any time!

 

Anonymous Dierksfan said ... (April 05, 2009 5:49 PM) : 

Glad to see you're listening/watching Dierks on CMT! He is my favorite artist. His singing voice always gets me out of any bad mood I may be in.

 

post a comment