Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Could Use A Healing Factor...

Hey all, still here. Bit of a rough week. Inexplicably wound up with my left shoulder feeling tore up and couldn't sleep more than a couple hours without waking up from the pain. Don't know how it happened, but after about a week of it, it's getting better. Wound up sleeping for 12 hours on Sunday to catch up. 'Course, as soon as that clears up I catch a flu bug and got the sore throat head cold thing going here just to keep March's good luck streak intact. Can't wait for this month to fall off the calendar.

On the upside, I'm watching movies and reading and watching podcasts as any distraction is good. Watched Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider today and over a couple nights at work I watched True Romance on the PSP on lunch breaks. Written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by Tony Scott, it's a wild ride of a movie with an excellent cast. Typical Tarantino writing, but directed by Scott it's not as overdone as some of Quentin's other stuff. Fun movie.

I also finished the Preacher series and loved it, but still thinking about writing something up on it. Started in on the Watchmen graphic novel now, with it all the rage in the theatre, figured I better read the book first.

And here's something cool - I've resisted any next gen game console to this point, but this game might be worth a PS3. Can't wait for the Wolverine movie, and this game looks like a lot of fun to play, hitting stores the same day. If I had Wolverines healing factor, I wouldn't have to worry about sore shoulders and throats...


Comments on "Could Use A Healing Factor..."

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (March 11, 2009 7:22 AM) : 

Don't you just hate when that happens? Just about the time I think I'm making progress in losing weight, or getting over some malady - Bam! Along comes some other minor botherance to keep me going back to the drug store for relief. Well, I'm still here and doing pretty well. I look around at the grocery store and thank the good Lord I don't have it as bad as many I see there. It's relative isn't it? Sure hope your rest and recovery go well. Pappy

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 12, 2009 6:32 AM) : 

Thanks Pappy - I'm starting to feel a little better here. Hope theres no more maladies coming.

 

post a comment