Monday, March 02, 2009

Carryin' On

Hey, look at that, I have internet access again. Came home last night and had nothing in the way of a series of tubes to connect me to the outside world. My equipment was working right, but with the lights dimming on and off, I figured there was probably something else wrong further up the line. Must've been, cause now it's working. Would hate to have to go through internet withdrawal.

Elsewhere, I make it a point not to talk in details about work on here, but I will say I got good news last night in that the contract has settled and we'll keep working. That's a huge load off the mind and yet another chip falling in place. I may still hate my job, but in this economy you've gotta be grateful to just be working - anywhere. And if I can last another year, odds are good I'll get transferred to a better location. So it's just a wait and endure thing now, but at least the bills will still get paid. Now it's on to a laundry list of to-do's that have been on hold for the last six months...

And in other news, reading around the web there are some strong rumors that there will be an Apple event on March 24, likely to introduce updated Mac desktop models. Waiting for the new Mac Mini here, which is more in the affordable bracket than a laptop. Or even better would be a nice drop on a refurbed older model price. We'll soon see.

And the quote of the day goes to The Outlaw Josey Wales - classic western I watched:
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."



Comments on "Carryin' On"

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (March 02, 2009 6:05 PM) : 

You can't go wrong with quotes from Josie Wales. Glad you are still working and the "net" is not dead. Probably just frozen way up there. Pappy

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 03, 2009 6:19 AM) : 

I agree - I'm blaming the -20 cold snap here too.

 

post a comment