Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend Catchup

Well, the first two weeks at the new job are in. Hopefully, it just gets better from here. Very tiring place to work, but the people I work with are good and I'm getting the hang of how they do things now. Either way, it's a stepping stone to something better in due time, so once my body gets used to it, hopefully it won't be too bad.

Spending the weekend resting and watching sports that I don't get to see now that I work every night. Got hockey playoffs on now, and Montreal is up 2-0 on Boston with their OT win last night. Baseball is going too, so it's a great time to be a sports fan if you have time to watch the games.

Also watched a couple movies last night - the old black and white one I reviewed below, He Ran All The Way, and for laughs the always funny classic Chevy Chase movie Fletch. That one's funny no matter how many times you've seen it.

Better link to this too. Whitechapel has a forum open where writer Ed Brubaker was answering questions. There's also a bunch of preview pages for the current issue of his Criminal comic if you scroll down. It's free, so check it out. Criminal is one of my absolute favorite ongoing books out there. Great art, characters, and noir story telling worth every penny.

Thanks for the comments and hopefully I can get back to some regular posting again over the next month as I get used to my current way of life...

Comments on "Weekend Catchup"

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (April 14, 2008 1:46 PM) : 

I know what you mean about adjustments. My schedule changes according to the time of year--school calendar, summer vacation, sports season--and those transition times from nights to days can be rough, and vice versa.

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (April 14, 2008 6:05 PM) : 

I retired and mine changes from week to week depending on what breaks around the house or who needs a babysitter that day. Don't you feel sorry for me?

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (April 15, 2008 4:33 AM) : 

@Keanan: yep, just have to carry on until I get used to things. The body does a good job adapting though.

@Texican: Oh yeah, feeling so sorry for ya :) Enjoy the babysitting and Mr Fixit routines.

 

post a comment