Monday, March 10, 2008

Tag, I'm It

I've been tagged by the Texican, and the challenge is as so: create a six word memoir. To quote from Texican's blog, "This game was appartently invented by Ernest Hemingway while drinking with a friend in some remote Island bar. Hemingway bet $10 he could sum up his life in six words. Here is his summary; For Sale: Baby Shoes; never worn. I liked Beth's better. I hope no one paid him the ten dollars. Here's my entry: The road's been long but doable."

And here are the rules of the Tag:
1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you'd like.
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post (The Texican) and to this original post http://bookbabie.wordpress.com/ , so we can track it as it moves across the blogosphere.
4. Tag five more blogs with links.
5. And, don't forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

So, how to write a memoir in six words? Well, when I started to think about it, I could have done it in two. But that wasn't the challenge. Six words weren't easy, and I don't think I've come up with the best of it, but here it is: "Wanted better, survived worse, this'll do." Do I get 10 bucks from Hemingway now? And thanks to Texican for the tag - it was a fun challenge to think about. I don't know who else to tag, but if you read this and want to try it, have a go at it and leave me a note in the comments and I'll post a link to you. Oh, and it said to post a pic to illustrate, but Blogger is being less than co-operative.

Oh, and for the record, my two word memoir would be "Cowboy Up."

Comments on "Tag, I'm It"

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (March 10, 2008 3:32 AM) : 

The six-word memoir: excellent.

The two-word version: succinct. Cool.

This assignment kinda makes a person look at the life he/she has been given, look inside oneself, and be honest. Pretty good exercise of writing skill and philosophy.

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (March 10, 2008 6:20 AM) : 

Alright, great job Eaglewing. I think that is one of the best I've read yet. Thanks for taking the challenge. I especially enjoyed the reduction, "Cowboy up." I've benefited by getting to know so many new folks.
Come by anytime.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 10, 2008 9:33 AM) : 

Great memoir Eaglewing, your check's in the mail, thanks for playing:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (March 10, 2008 4:54 PM) : 

Liked your six word memoir - real good!

Here's mine:

"Much Joy, some Heartache, worth Repeating!"

That pretty much sums up this Bookworm's life!

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 11, 2008 1:35 AM) : 

@Keanan: Thanks! It certainly is a thought provoking exercise.


@Texican: Appreciate it, and likewise, come by the Roost anytime as well.


@bookbabie: Thanks for the dropping in. It was fun to play.


@Bookworm: Thanks, and yours is great too! Fine summary!

 

post a comment