Monday, March 10, 2008

Snow Job

What a March snow storm we had yesterday. Haven't seen snow like this since I was a kid. Was a fun drive home from work in the ol' Dodge Ram. Her engine's still good though, lot's of power when I needed it. Almost got stuck, but after about half a dozen back and forth moves, I got out of it. Others weren't so lucky, and there were a few abandoned cars along the road on the way home. So I guess old man Winter isn't going away quietly. I don't know how much more of this global warming we can take.

Watched a good hockey game this afternoon on tv between Pittsburgh and Washington. Was a tight game, and it came down to the last few seconds of regulation. A Pittsburgh defender shot the puck into the corner, where Sid "The Kid" Crosby gave it a swipe and put it out in front of the Washington net. The goalie made one save and the puck bounced and a Washington player swiped at it in an attempt to clear it away. But instead, he put it in his own net! Whoops! Pittsburgh won the game and Crosby got credit for the goal. Hard way to lose for Washington, but Go Pens!

Got to watch Shoot 'Em Up tonight and really enjoyed it. It's way over the top, but a fun action flick with lots of bullets flying everywhere. Clive Owen and Paul Giamontti are great fun to watch chewing the scenery and Monica Bellucci is always a welcome sight. Just a good old fashioned, fun actioner that we could use more of like we had back in the '80s. I'm gonna have to go buy some carrots now. Who knew they were lethal weapons?

Comments on "Snow Job"

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (March 10, 2008 3:29 AM) : 

Thought you'd like that flick; don't know that I'll look at veggies in quite the same way again.

 

Blogger Pappy said ... (March 10, 2008 6:29 AM) : 

Hockey. Now you wouldn't think we'd have a clue here, but we have a lower level pro-team, the "Killer Bees". I've been to a few games this year, but don't quite understand the game yet. Someone said they went to a fight and a hockey game broke out. One of my favorite channels on the tube is the Western channel. I even enjoy the old black and white oaters.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 11, 2008 1:23 AM) : 

@Keanan: Too true about the veggies!

@Texican: Hockey's a great game. Not as good as it used to be, but still fun. They don't fight as much as the in games I watched when I was a kid, but it's still a fast and physical sport. Glad you got a local team to cheer for.
Enjoy a good western myself. Rio Bravo and True Grit are a couple faves.

 

post a comment