Tuesday, March 04, 2008

This 'N That

Well, guess winter wasn't done yet. Yesterday was almost spring like. Then tonight, in came a snow storm all the way from Texas along with some ice pellets and freezing rain. And yet, it isn't really that cold out. Gonna be a fun drive in to work for anyone who works early tomorrow morning. If the snow plows keep their consistency around here, it won't exactly be clear out there.

Picked up some groceries tonight and saw Pringles Chips on sale. I don't eat them often, but I'll pick some up when they're on sale. And get this - the Extreme Screamin' Dill Pickle flavour chips have less sodium than the plain regular ones. Who knew? I gotta say I don't know what's supposed to be "extreme" or "screamin'" about them either. I was expecting something insane, but I think you'd get more screaming action smelling the lid of a pickle jar.

And I found this on the net at Jack Kapica's Globe and Mail blog. Apparently there's a new email scam attempt going around. A variation on the old Nigerian needs your help with millions at the mere cost of 10 grand, this new one is a lot more direct. It's basically a give the mysterious emailer 10 large, or he will kill you. Not only that, it's written up to indicate somebody you know has taken out the hit and he has his "boys" watching you. The faceless hitman is somewhat grammatically challenged, but he creates a fun email. Hope nobody falls for it. And as Jack points out when he got - is 10,000 all he's worth?

Comments on "This 'N That"

 

Blogger Keanan Brand said ... (March 06, 2008 4:24 AM) : 

Whadda scam--and what an IDIOT. I wonder if anyone's actually fallen for it.

Totally off-topic: Just bought an inexpensive ($5) new DVD of L.A. Confidential. Don't know what it is about that movie, but I've seen it several times; watched it twice, back to back, tonight. Much as I like the film, I Just can't get into James Ellroy's writing. I know I'm supposed to like it, but I've tried and I can't.

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (March 07, 2008 4:08 AM) : 

Excellent DVD pickup. LA Confidential is one of my favorite movies (the cast is terrific, as well as the authentic time period and the cars!), and have seen it more than a few times. I've yet to try to read an Ellroy book though. Might try it, but I think the movie would stick too much in my mind.

LA Confidential is one of those movies I have to stop and watch if I stumble across it on TV. Others include Heat and Rio Bravo. If I find one of those on the tube, the next couple hours are shot.

 

post a comment