Friday, June 15, 2007

New Goodies...

Ah yes, Christmas in June - my Amazon box got here! Yippee!

I'd sold some stuff to make room ('n cash) for the new stuff - let's see what we got here...Rockford Season 4, of course...Moonlighting Seasons 4 & 5 on sale to complete the series (Bruce Willis in comedic form)...the hilariously short lived comedy Titus Season 3 to complete the series on sale...and Miami Vice seasons 3 & 4. I missed the first go round of Vice obviously, but I'm digging the show on DVD. Dated sometimes, but some good stuff.

Then I also got the book Firefly: The Official Companion Volume Two. I had forgot this was coming out till I saw it at Chapters. They were selling it for $32CAN. Ouch. I got it from Amazon for $16US. Even with conversion its a steal.

Then a new graphic novel I'm really looking forward to reading - Scene Of the Crime: A Little Piece of Goodnight by Ed Brubaker. A noir / P.I. story that sounds like it's right up my alley. I'm probably looking forward to reading this more than watching some of the DVD's.

Brubaker and Garth Ennis are probably my two favorite comics writers right now - Brubaker on "Criminal" and "Daredevil" and Ennis on "Punisher", "The Boys", and of course his famous "Preacher" series I'm still working my way through. "Criminal" and "Punisher" in particular are some of the best writing and story telling going at the moment. Better than most of what you'll find on TV these days too. It's a shame so many people think so little of the comics/graphic novel format. They're missing some fantastic writing and great art thanks to some archaic preconceived misconceptions. Oh well - their loss.

Comments on "New Goodies..."

 

post a comment