Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What A Maroon...

So, I went out to do some grocery shopping…and damn, it’s hot out there. The air outside is not moving…hate July and August. Give me winter over this shit. Anyway, picked up my stuff, then went through the checkout. Good thing I didn’t buy eggs, cause the dude doing the bagging – let’s call him Jammy McJammy, shall we? – pushed the food into the bags and then crammed it into the cart. And this wasn’t some high schooler on minimum wage – this dude was older than me. Then the last item he just handed to me, sans bag, as he obviously couldn’t figure out how to get it into the cart. I took it, and set it lightly on top. Simple. The job can’t be that hard. Anyway, nothing was cracked or smashed except for a bag of dill potato chips that seemed somewhat emotionally depressed from the incident.

Then, after putting the stuff in my vehicle, I drove out of the parking lot. At the exit I was going to use, there was one lane for incoming traffic, one lane for left turn traffic, and one lane for right turn traffic. There was one car in the right turn lane as I approached heading for the left lane. The woman driving didn’t have a signal on, and I guess that should have been my first warning. Sure enough, as I pulled up in the left lane, she proceeded to cut me off, and make a left turn out of nowhere. I was half expecting it, so no brake slamming was involved. Idiot – learn how to drive.

Then I did my laundry. Went down to the laundry room in my building and there was a notice up that starting in a couple days the price for a wash was going up 25 cents. What the hell? This price gouge comes courtesy of the company that maintains the machines. Now as far as I know, we’re already paying for the water usage in the building, so what is the price increase for? It costs extra to collect our money now? (Which is done electronically – they don’t even have to come out and get the quarters!) Sounds like a ripoff to me, but where can you look nowadays that doesn’t rip you off?

At least I was able to go to Wendy’s and get something good – a double cheeseburger and fries. The fries were actually done well and they got the order right too. Will wonders never cease?

Comments on "What A Maroon..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 08, 2006 5:09 PM) : 

Sure looks good - this will increase the fast food business! :-)

 

post a comment