Saturday, March 25, 2006

Accidental Click = Unexpected Music

Ok, so I’m not a huge fan of the Dixie Chicks. On the wrong song, lead singer Natalie Maines voice can be grating, though either I’m getting used to it, or she’s getting better since the Chicks first couple singles. Their singles have been hit or miss for me, but they’re capable of putting out some great music.

For all the clunker singles like the absolutely terrible Goodbye Earl, and the grating I Can Love You Better, There’s Your Trouble, Ready to Run, and Sin Wagon – there are the hidden gems like Cold Day in July, Heartbreak Town, Cowboy Take Me Away, Travelin’ Soldier, and Top of the World.

And now they’re releasing a new album. The lyrics of the first single, Not Ready To Make Nice, were already put up on their website and I blogged about it before. However, the other day, I accidentally clicked on that site in my browser history and before I realized I clicked on the wrong line, (thank you high speed), the site loaded and the single automatically started playing in the background. So I got to listen to it…

…and it’s a good song. I like the lyrics and the tune is just as good. If this is the result of a classic rock, Southern California vibe added to their usual sound, this could be an album worth checking out. (Not to mention Rick Rubin is involved in the project – the producer behind the last couple Johnny Cash albums). I’ll have to wait till Amazon gets album clips up, but it’s a good sign and a good start. Click here to visit the site and hear the song.

Comments on "Accidental Click = Unexpected Music"

 

post a comment