Saturday, March 18, 2006

Settle for a Slowdown

But your wheels just turn,
Down the road ahead
If it hurts at all, you ain’t shown it yet
You’re just a tiny dot,
On that horizon line
Come on, tap those brakes, baby, just one time
I know there’s nothin’ stoppin’ you now,
I’m not askin’ you to turn back around
But I’d settle for a slowdown…

- Settle For A Slowdown, by Dierks Bentley

Good song, great singer, fantastic lyric. (Man, I wish I’d have thought of that.) Sometimes you know you can’t change it, but you just want a sign that it all meant something…

Comments on "Settle for a Slowdown"

 

Blogger Eaglewing said ... (August 31, 2006 2:15 AM) : 

Um, as far as legal downloads, I would assume ITunes and it's ilk would have it.

Otherwise, you can always go to CMT or AOL Music and watch the streaming music video...and maybe get creative with an audio recorder or something ;)

Its a great song though, and all the other singles I've heard off that album, Modern Day Drifter, were great, so the CD would probably be worth the cash :)

 

post a comment