Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Say It Fast, Drink It Faster. Hold the Bubbles...

Here’s something I came across, a tongue-twister of sorts – thought I’d throw it up here for Blythe Lane should she happen by…

All I want is a proper cup of coffee
Made in a proper copper coffee pot
Tin Coffee pots or
Iron Coffee Pots,
They're no use to me;
If I can't have a
Proper cup of coffee
In A proper copper coffee pot,
I'll have a cup of tea...
Now, I can’t drink coffee or tea, but if I could, I suspect it’d be Tim Horton’s like every other self-respecting Canadian. You can’t beat the smell of a large double-double and an apple fritter on a cold morning…can’t drink the first, and shouldn’t eat the second, but sometimes a proper apple fritter or a honey dip or a maple dip or a tractor tire or a…um, where was I? Oh yes, sometimes you just have to “carpe donut”.

Then somebody told me about something called a bubble tea. The way it was described to me sounded really nasty. You suck the small “bubbles” of whatever is in the bottom (Tea? Tapioca? Milk?) through a wide straw so you can sip, chew, drink. Just doesn’t sound right…

Comments on "Say It Fast, Drink It Faster. Hold the Bubbles..."

 

post a comment