Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Say It Fast, Drink It Faster. Hold the Bubbles...

Here’s something I came across, a tongue-twister of sorts – thought I’d throw it up here for Blythe Lane should she happen by…

All I want is a proper cup of coffee
Made in a proper copper coffee pot
Tin Coffee pots or
Iron Coffee Pots,
They're no use to me;
If I can't have a
Proper cup of coffee
In A proper copper coffee pot,
I'll have a cup of tea...
Now, I can’t drink coffee or tea, but if I could, I suspect it’d be Tim Horton’s like every other self-respecting Canadian. You can’t beat the smell of a large double-double and an apple fritter on a cold morning…can’t drink the first, and shouldn’t eat the second, but sometimes a proper apple fritter or a honey dip or a maple dip or a tractor tire or a…um, where was I? Oh yes, sometimes you just have to “carpe donut”.

Then somebody told me about something called a bubble tea. The way it was described to me sounded really nasty. You suck the small “bubbles” of whatever is in the bottom (Tea? Tapioca? Milk?) through a wide straw so you can sip, chew, drink. Just doesn’t sound right…

Comments on "Say It Fast, Drink It Faster. Hold the Bubbles..."

 

Blogger The Original LRU said ... (February 28, 2006 12:18 PM) : 

Mmmmmmmmm, donuts.

 

post a comment