Friday, November 18, 2005

Musical Genius


It was a good week for country music. The CMA awards were on this week, along with a CBS special tribute to Johnny Cash, and the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line comes out today and is getting good reviews. I'll probably be back later with thoughts on the CMA's and Walk the Line, but had to post about some music from the CBS special.

Had some interesting performances, including an interesting Kris Kristofferson and Foo Fighters team up on the song Sunday Morning Coming Down (always one of my favorite songs). Norah Jones, Brad Paisley, and Sheryl Crow all contributed songs and Jerry Lee Lewis and Kid Rock teamed up on a kicking version of Walk the Line.


However, the best part of the show was a duet teaming Dwight Yoakam and Alison Krauss singing Johnny and June's classic If I Were A Carpenter. Whoever thought of putting Dwight and Alison together is a musical genius! Their voices really went well together resulting in a great tune and I'm glad I recorded it. Makes me wish those two had more songs together...

Comments on "Musical Genius"

 

post a comment