Saturday, September 24, 2005

Oh, the Irony…

So, that’s it. Six and a half years at one job that pretty much ruled my life, and then I finally have an epiphany, find another job, give my notice, and worked my last day yesterday. Then just like that, it’s over. Happy to be gone, but no regrets for having been. It was right for the time, and now it’s not. It’s just that simple. Hopefully, I can take a bit of a break now, then figure out which road I want to head on down next.

Still, what a kick to the nuts to go out on. By the time I left, I had what is now the worst sore throat I’ve had in while. Luckily, no fever or stomach weirdness, so maybe if I hit it with everything I’ve got, I can beat it quick. And just when my ears had started to get better than they had been in months. Not perfect, but better. How ironic. I can finally hear, but now I can’t talk. Oh well, I’ve got two and a half days to rest before I have to go back to work at my other job. Hope it gets better fast.

At least I’ve got no pressure to do anything now, so maybe I’ll just kick back and watch movies while I rest and rebuild my computer’s hard drive…Ah, Windows – imagine how many people would be unemployed if it wasn’t for your maddening, always-crashing, tower of cards, structure…one piece of software that created an entire industry of people getting paid to fix it…at least I’ve got no pressure – I format hard drives for a hobby…

Comments on "Oh, the Irony…"

 

post a comment